Friday 4 April 2014

really?

I haven't posted since last Sunday? Really? Funny, feels like I have.

I've been working a fair bit, almost up to what a normal person would call 'full-time', and yes, I'm still voiceless and not really feeling very fabulous. Although to be fair the last two days I've felt quite close to normal, except I still haven't got my voice back. I'm starting to think that this croaky hoarseness is My New Voice, which is actually kinda OK as my Old Voice sounded like a five-year-old on acid, at least I sound like a grown-up now!
I'm still struggling to get through a day without feeling washed out by the time I get home but I am definitely better, not worse or even the same. It's been 2.5 weeks so bloody should be getting better, quite frankly.

What else?
Had an impromptu night in the pub on Weds, did my voice/cold the power of good (no, really it did, this is the most contradictory illness I've had in forever).
We had a film crew in work today, a proper one with lights & stuff, a change from the normal humdrum for sure! (they did NOT film me)

this is the film crew, a couple of examiners and a couple of students, none of whose permission I have to publish this picture, so soz!
This evening we went to see The Grand Budapest Hotel, it was fairly entertaining but mostly it was gorgeous to look at! Better than watching TV.


And on that note, today:

Mood: good

Weather: grey, humid this morning, bit chilly this afternoon, clear starry night for the walk back from the cinema.

Music: Game of Thrones soundtrack in class (I put it on for a laugh & then the students begged me to leave it on!), tUnE-yArDs on the bus (my newest discovery, although I'm not entirely sure tbh)

Reading: I finished Red Earth & Pouring Rain! It's very good but not very enjoyable, one of those kind of books. I'm deciding, with no small amount of glee, what to read next, very probably The Bridge by Iain Banks ...

Watched: The Grand Budapest Hotel, please see above.

Listened to: Radio 3 Arts & Ideas podcast about leadership, a bit but not much.

On my hook/needles: nothing today, haven't had time. I've done quite a lot on the 1st Long Sock this week as well as starting a little bag for my earbuds last night.

Here's a random picture of some pink spring prettiness from my walk home from the bus today:

 
 See ya!
-x-
 

No comments: