Tuesday 25 March 2014

the eye of the storm?

Today I felt utterly horrible although if you'd asked me to list my symptoms they would've been exactly the same as the last 6 days (yup, that's how long I've been voiceless & in pain). I 'gave up', came home early (4pm) got in my pjs, played about on the computer for a bit, then lay in bed & did Reiki/slept. When I got up for dinner, I felt MUCH BETTER!
How weird is that? Not that I'm complaining, feeling much better is awesome, I'm still croaky & it still hurts to swallow, but I feel kinda, normal.

Either I had to mentally admit defeat & declare myself poorly in order to make a recovery or this is the eye of the storm & I'm only feeling better because there's worse to come! My money, optimistically, is on the former.

I must apologise for all the detailed illness updates I've been posting these last few days. In my defence:
- I really am feeling pretty poorly!
- I haven't got much else to post about!

Meanwhile:

Mood: defeated & poorly, followed by optimistic!

On my hook/needles: Long Socks (hibernated ages ago, reawakened on obtaining decent 4mm sock needles, now going well) I 'finished' katahdin a couple of days ago, freeing up the lovely new 4mm dpns, although I kinda ballsed up the fastening off & it's sulking on my desk while I summon the courage to figure out if it needs doing again or not + it needs blocking ...

Music: students requested Guns N Roses Sweet Child O'Mine - what an awesome trip down memory lane!

Reading: nothing, head hurts too much!

Listened to: Start the Week podcast

Watched: Hot Fuzz - we were talking about this film at work & I ended up thinking "I have to see it again" so I ordered it from Amazon - perfect lying-in-bed-feeling-a-bit-ill viewing!

Weather: grey


-x-

No comments: