Sunday 1 December 2013

two blanket ta-dahs -x-

Finished these two in the week but waited til the weekend to get pictures of them in daylight:

The Beachy Waves Blanket:





I'm sooo happy with the colours and the stitch pattern and the end product is really really soft and snuggly! The pattern says to do 13 stripes or 10. I stopped after 10 as it was already a slightly odd, long strip of a blanket and I thought another 3 stripes would make it a really odd shape. Plus I get to use the remaining wool for something else, which will be nice as it's lovely colours and easy to work with (call that an ulterior motive!).

AND




This blanket was a lesson in Trusting the Stitch (the first 20-30 rows looked a bit bunchy but 50+ rows work together and look great, I think! - The sum is greater than the parts, eh?). I also had to be brave and ignore part of the pattern - it just didn't make sense to me! The pattern says to start the edging in the top left corner and sc all the way round, then make a row of shells all the way round, except of course across the top, as it's already shells. So why sc across the top?!?!? I fretted about this (and left the blanket almost-finished behind the sofa for a couple of weeks). In the end a took a very deep breath and sc'd the three not-shell edges, fastened off and started again with a row of shells on those 3 edges. I think it looks fine and it seems to look like the pattern so maybe I was right. Helpfully, the only picture in the pattern book is of the blanket folded up, so you can't see the top edge. Anyhoo, one lovely cushiony soft baby blanket for a baby who's due in a couple of weeks - fingers crossed for Kiss and Crate and their baby, I know it's been really tough for them to get this far -x-

So, two blankets finished. Yes, that's right. I finished something!!! The Queen of Starting Stuff has finished two projects. It felt goood. 

And what did I do? Started about 6 more projects of course ;)

-x-



No comments: