Wednesday 13 November 2013

Emergency Peter Pan Collar!

On Monday I had an interview in London, which I got feedback from yesterday that they're not going to progress me to shortlist. tbh, I'm pretty sure I didn't want the job & I'm not surprised I didn't get it. I felt after the interview that I wasn't the droid they were looking for. I still felt utterly horrid at the rejection tho :(
One of the things I hadn't felt good about was what I was wearing - I just felt scruffy! So I decided to cheer myself up and prepare for today's interview by sorting out a new outfit. Long story, to cut to the end, I got it into my head that the best thing to do was buy a nice crew neck jumper and crochet a pretty collar for it. Cue frantic mental gymnastics trying to work out what I'd need and what I'd already got stashed! In no particular order, I bought some pretty buttons, remembered the cream merino wool in my stash, bought a backup collar from Claire's Accessories and headed home. A trawl of darling, wonderful Ravelry.com and 2 downloaded patterns later and off I hooked. I reckon the collar took me about 2hrs, including false starts, misreading the pattern and unpicking! I was in such a panic I wasn't concentrating - more haste, less speed tilliemint! Anyhoo, I ended up with a collar.

TA-DAH!!!

I'm blogging about this for 2 reasons:
- this is the first time I've solved a wardrobe crisis by whipping up a handmade solution and it feels gooooood!
- I've seen so many patterns for crochet collars and thought:
a) who needs a detachable collar??? b) eek! buttons! I couldn't possibly manage to attach a button to something, let alone fashion a button loop.
And yet, I have successfully produced a Peter Pan collar, with button, that I think looks not bad at all (shame about the face above it but what can a girl do - crochet a balaclava?!?) and that I think I'll wear again. I am rather pleased with myself.

Now I just need a new job - wish me luck!

-x-

No comments: