Saturday 27 July 2013

Half-treble headache

(this written on my fone but without photo, let's see if it posts...)
The Voyage of Crochet Discovery continues with, after purchasing the right size hook yesterday, the first crocheted square in my Knit&Stitch patchwork collection. It's in half-treble, which is a new stitch for me after mastering single crochet over the last few days (I suspect I'm muddling up UK & US terms here). The photo instructions were fine for the half-treble itself but I don't quite get what I should be doing at the end of the rows, for which, of course, there aren't any pictures! My first attempt, already unpicked, was clearly wrong as the rows seemed to be getting shorter. The instructions say to work "the last half treble into the top of the 2 chain" (from the beginning of the previous row) but I can quite see where that is.
Also, the wool is BEASTLY! I don't hate the very dull grey colour but it's acrylic and really scratchy and splits all the time.
And the weather is what mum described as 'very close'.
So my head, neck & shoulders are stiff & sore but I don't really know why...
-x-

No comments: